Sunday 21 August 2011

Tạm biệt

- Goodbye -

"Story about a Little Vietnamese Boy who trapped in a war, know nothing and tried to be saved by his family"

Thursday, 9 March 1961.

uhhh.. where am i...?
its so noisy..
uncle Bao..? auntie Tien..?
he is driving.. but where are we going..?
why does his face look so scared..? huhhh..
auntie..? why are you crying..? don't cry..
and don't hold me so tight.. i cant breath..
uhhh.. im so sleepy...
mom....
mom..

Saturday, 25 February 1961

Today's school was so tiring.. but fun yet..
thanks to Phong.. haha he is such a funny guy..Its nice to be his new friend..
phew.. When I get  home, I'll definitely finish my toy car!
mother surely will help me make it..hehe
uh..! there it is..my lovely small house..

"IM HOMEE.."
"Moomm.. let's finished the car..!"
"eh..? uncle Bao..? and auntie Tienn..! waahh..!"

Uncle Chau Bao Chien is a really cool guy, 
and aunt Thuy Tein Tu is also a really kind lady..
i like both of them..
but..Why were they here..?
both of them lived in South Vietnam, 
mom said that it's very far from our home in North Vietnam.
hm.. but why are they talking so seriously..?
uncle's face looks so wrinkled, auntie and mom looked so sad..
i can't understand..
but it feels uncomfortable..
i hope everything is alright..

ok, let's get started with the car..!

Sunday, 26 February 1961

I think.. i saw mom crying..
i never saw mom cried before..
what happened to her..??
uhh.. did i make any mistake..?

"Momm.. what happened to you..?
did i do something wrong..?"

Mom huged me.. ever so tightly..
she cried and said i didn't do anything wrong.
but why did she cry..?
when i asked, she didn't answer anything..
she just looked at me,
and kissed my cheek.

Monday, 27 February 1961

Mom said that I didn't have school.
she said that i have holiday for 2 weeks..!
it means that i can play all day long and spend my time with mom..
heheh i love it!

Tuesday, 7 March 1961

Mom takes me to the hill near our house.
On that hill, there's one hut that mom said it was made by Dad for her.
on that hut, we told a lot of stories while I sat on mum's lap.
we saw stars on that night, it was so beautiful.

Wednesday, 8 March 1961

uh i'm so hungry! 
mom made corn soup that i was my favorite.
before we ate,my mom and I usually prayed together first.
we do pray. but this time, mom prayed for so long!
she grabbed both of my hand so i couldn't eat..
something was different about her prayer. she bow her head so i couldn't really see her face.
but she held my hand so tight.
after she finished her prayer, i gobbled down my food..!
mom looked at me eat, i love her smile..:)

usually, mom tells me some stories before my bedtime.
stories about my dad that went to war when i was a child -which i liked the most-
stories about My father with his North Vietnamese troops trying to 
defeat South Vietnamese people which get help from America, 
story about how mom and dad met, fables, legends, ANY STORY!
tonight, she told me a story about a kid that moved to another place to survive.
she also told me that if we have to move to America to evacuate, we should be able to survive.

"if mom comes with me, ill be OK" i comforted her.

she looked so sad while telling the story, especially after what I said. 
she did sigh a couple of times as if she was trying to hold her tears.
i rather enjoyed the story.. while getting very sleepy.

after the story finished, mom hugged me again and said that she really loved me.
-i get a lot of hugs these day.-
i remembered when mom said that hugs could cure any pain in heart.
so i hugged her back that night.

"i love you mom", I said.

mom also asked me about sleeping together with me that night, 
and i thought of an answer, and I agreed.
then i went to my sleep.. funnily, i feel terribly sleepy that night.



Saturday,11 March 1961
the last thing i remembered, Auntie Tien said,
the reason they take me with them is that we will find my Dad.
but it will happened when the war has ended. 
Uncle Bao also said that mom will find us when the war has ended. 
she needed to do something at home.
i hope i can meet her again soon..
i need my mom..

No comments:

Post a Comment